Are you having trouble selling your home? There are many reasons why your home might not be selling. According to an article from RIS Media and many years of experience in the industry, here are some issues that may not be as obvious, but are still preventing the sale of your home…
1. Your Home Is Not Easily Accessible For Showings: Are you getting a lot of showing requests that you are turning down? Many sellers make the mistake of not accommodating a buyer’s request for showings because requested showing times are inconvenience to the seller. Try and remember that your home is a product for sale. Do whatever you can to cooperate with showing requests, even if they are last minute or on off hours.
2. Pets: Pet problems can go beyond unfriendly pet barking or jumping on a potential buyer. Pet owners need to go to extra lengths to make sure to remove pet hair and keep odor to a minimum. Take your pets out of the house during showings or make sure they are crated. A potential buyer is there to view the home that is for sale and should not have to worry what your pet is going to do.
3. Not Aggressively Marketing Your Home: Is your home listed on MLS and public websites? Most buyers are shopping for a home online these days, so having an online presence is highly important. If you are dissatisfied with how your home is being marketed, you may need to sit down for a brainstorming session with your agent.
4. Pictures: 89% of homes buyers start their search online before calling an agent. Even when they have an agent, they are still viewing your home online before setting up a showing. So their first impression of your home is through the pictures that are displayed on the MLS and other real estate websites. Make sure the pictures of your home make a good impression and invite buyers to want to set up a showing.
5. Price: Before listing your home, your real estate agent most likely showed you the comparables and market statistics for what others homes are selling for in your area. If your home is not priced properly, you could be missing out on potential buyers. The market stats don’t lie, make sure you pay attention to them and the advice of your agent to price your home properly for today’s market. No matter what you paid for it or how much money you spent fixing it up over the years, make sure to pay attention to the statistics.
For more possible reasons your house isn’t selling, check out the original article here.