The role of the Real estate agent is to make sure your home buying process is as easy and smooth as possible. In order to find the right agent that will be suitable for you, you need to interview a few, and ask all the right questions. You need to make sure your agent is a good match for your location, style, and will answer all of your questions. Start by asking around; see who your friends and family recommend. Start by setting up interviews with three or four real estate agents. And start by asking the following questions:
1. What are your credentials? your real estate agent should have their state license or have A higher level of training and belong to the National Association of Realtors®.
2. How long have you been in the business? Newer agents tend to have more time to spend on you, but make sure they had a good mentor.
3. How many homes did you sell in the last year? This will give you a good idea of their success in the past, and you success with them.
4. Where do you usually work? If the agent works around your area they will most likely have an idea of the target buyer and price.
5. Do you have a sales plan? They should know the best places to advertise and how to finish off your house.
6. Do you negotiate commission? An average commission is about three percent, but do not hesitate to ask if they will negotiate with you on it.
7. How often do you plan to communicate updates with me? A good real estate agent will communicate with you just about every day.
8. Ask how to sell your home? They are the experts. Ask if they would make any major changes? Or if you could sell your house as is? Ask about the economy, or if it’s the right season to sell.
9. Which upgrades are necessary? See which ones are crucial and which you could do without. Also ask the price difference if some upgrades are not done.
10. What should I know that I have not asked? There is always something you need to know, make sure that you are in full knowledge of everything that is going on
For more information on this topic click here to access the link.