Selling a luxury home in Dublin is definitely different than selling any other property in Dublin; you have to take some extra steps in preparing your home to sell and while it is listed to ensure you get the most out of your home.
- Make sure your price is correct – You don’t want to overprice your home, either no one will come see it or they will see it and realize they can get another home just like it for less. Homes that are priced correctly from the start are more likely to sell than homes that have had their listing price reduced.
- However, if after 6-8 weeks your home has had no offers and has not sold, you need to lower your asking price. By lowering the price, or otherwise updating your listing, your home will begin to pop back up in popular home searches.
- Have your home staged – You are selling a luxury home, and that means that every aspect of your home needs to scream luxury. Having a professional home stager come in and revamp your house will be a major advantage in your endeavors to sell your home.
- Clean your home and make sure it is well lit – Make sure your house is clean for all tours and showings. Luxury home buyers typically don’t want look for dirty or dark homes.
- Find a real estate agent that specializes in selling luxury homes in Dublin – They will know how to market and price the property successfully. Additionally, your agent will be able to to tell you what to do to help prepare your home to sell.
- Have professionally taken pictures of your home posted on your listing websites – When buyers view your home online, you want them to see gorgeous pictures that show how beautiful your home is. A professional photographer can pick out the most photogenic and appealing aspects of your property to help market it to potential buyers.
- Make sure you and your agent have a marketing plan – The plan should cover: where your home will be marketed (newspapers, online, etc.), when, and how often listings will be updated.